Listen as Cleartrack HR president, John McFarland, shares how the benefits industry has changed in the last decade and the effect the COVID-19 pandemic has had on the industry.
Meet Our Guest
John McFarland is the President of Cleartrack HR. He has 20+ years of experience in the Employee Benefit and HR Tech industry. He has served in both sales and management capacities for multiple companies where he has consulted on individual benefits, employee benefit packages, benefits administration platforms and enrollment technology tools. His current responsibilities include overseeing the strategic planning of Cleartrack HR, managing the internal sales activities of the company as well as developing national partnerships.
- What do you wish more employers understood about the benefits industry?
- In your experience, what are some of the biggest considerations employers should have when establishing or updating their benefits plan?
- Are there any common benefits mistakes you’ve seen employers make that we can all learn from?
- What has changed for employers in employee benefits since you first got started?
- Are you seeing a similar shift in processes or trends since the pandemic hit earlier this year?
- Each year we see more competitive “employee benefits” emerge, like unlimited PTO, student loan repayment, and employee discount programs. Do you have any advice for employers about these types of nontraditional benefits?
- What do you believe is the most important item employers should be focusing on when planning open enrollments during the pandemic?
- What’s next? Do you envision companies all going back to the previous work style and processes that were being executed pre-COVID-19?
- How does culture fit into returning to the office?
- Can you share any advice for employers who may be looking at cutting benefits to help protect their bottom line during the ongoing pandemic?
Links and Resources Mentioned
- ClearTrack HR website – cleartrackhr.com
- ClearTrack HR Podcast page – cleartrackhr.com/podcast
- Register for our upcoming webinar!
Don’t forget to subscribe!