Ryan McCullar, Sr. Health and Benefits Consultant at Mercer, shares all about implementing an HSA-eligible HDP as part of your benefits package.
Meet Our Guest
Ryan McCullar is a Senior Health and Benefits Consultant with Mercer in Tennessee. Ryan develops and maintains strategy for his clients as it relates to their total rewards offerings with the goal of enabling them to attract and retain top talent.
Before joining Mercer, Ryan managed a book of business as a medical underwriter for which he developed strategic recommendations related to market competition, product development, and market pricing negotiations.
Ryan is also a County Chair member of Middle Tennessee’s Society for Human Resource Management and a member of the Middle Tennessee Employee Benefits Council.
Episode Highlights – Implementing an HSA-Eligible HDP
High Deductible Healthcare Plan
- Can you share what a high deductible plan is?
- What are the pros and cons of a high deductible plan?
- Do you have a rule of thumb for the types of employers who might need to adopt a high deductible plan?
- We know high deductible plans can get a bad stigma with employees. Can you share how employers can work to combat this stigma?
Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Will you share with our listeners what an HSA is?
- Can you share some pros and cons of an HSA?
- Is an HSA the same as an HRA?
- In your experience, what is the typical employee response to HSA plans?
Links and Resources Mentioned
- Health benefit costs expected to grow 4.4% in 2021 as employers face continued economic uncertainty, Mercer survey finds
- ClearTrack HR website – cleartrackhr.com
- ClearTrack HR Podcast page – cleartrackhr.com/podcast
Don’t forget to subscribe!